You & Me, Mum programme
The You & Me, Mum programme is a ten-week, (two hours a week) group programme. The aim of the group programme is to empower and develop further understanding of the role of the mothers and address the needs of young people and children who have lived with domestic violence. Care2talk will be running the You & Me, Mum programme on-line, via ZOOM.
The objectives of the programme are to:
- Understand how domestic violence affects the mother as a parent
- Understand the effects of domestic violence on children and young people
- Develop effective communication skills with children and young people
- Promote healthy and non-violent relationships
- Explore key Protective Behaviour™ messages and strategies for keeping mothers, children and young people safe
The weekly modules are:
- An ideal family
- How domestic violence affects me as a mother
- How domestic violence can affect my child or young person
- Survival strategies of children and young people
- How to deal with my child or young person’s challenging behaviour
- When a child or young person acts abusively in my home
- How to support my child with Protective Behaviours™ and safety planning
- Effective Communication with my child or young person
- My hopes, dreams and plans.
- Buy real valtrex online
- Online pharmacy cipro
You can self-refer onto the programme and we also accept referrals from professionals.
To enquire and to book a place on the programme, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07564 016066.
New group started on the 8th June 2021 (there will be a break during school summer holidays), 10am – 11.45am on ZOOM.
BOOK YOUR FREE PLACE NOW
The You & Me, Mum programme was developed by Marion Dillon and Debbie Mehaffy, Women’s Aid Northern Ireland.
It is widely used throughout the UK by Domestic Violence services.